Wednesday, March 5, 2014

18 week update



How big is baby: The size of a sweet potato | 18 Weeks 5 days


How I'm feeling: It's been another great week. We traveled with some of our youth to a conference and didn't get a whole lot of sleep over the weekend. That made me a little more tired than usual, but that's not much to complain about. I'm feeling more and more exited theses days!

Weight gain/loss: Definitely 5 lbs. I guess the large amounts of food I've been eating has finally caught up with me!


Maternity clothes: None this week! It's been warm enough to pull out my Spring dresses, with the exception of a few days here and there. If it's cold, I just freeze in my Spring dresses because they're comfortable. Ha! Several of my dresses are going to work perfectly for pregnancy. The longer I'm pregnant the more I think I won't be wearing much maternity...at least that's what is looks like right now! We'll see about how true that statement turns out to be when I'm humongous this Summer.

Stretch marksNope!

Sleep: I love sleeping. It usually takes me a few hours to really wake up in the morning...even when I do it's very hard to focus. I feel like like a sloth until about 10 am.

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: I just love food...all kinds. I'm still sticking to a healthy diet as much as I can though. If I make mac-and-cheese, I make sure to have something green and leafy with it. I still haven't had any cravings...besides just wanting food in general. Anything really, really cold seems to appeal to me late at night, but that's about it.

Movement: Yes! Yes! Yes!!! We finally felt our little one moving around for the first time last night. It was so special. It felt like little thumps here and there. She seems to like my left side a lot. I can't wait for more! Before last night we didn't feel anything very definitive.

What I'm loving: I love my little bump! It's finally popping out a bit more, so it makes getting dressed in the morning a lot more fun! :)

Symptoms: Not much except morning sluggishness. 

Exercise: This week has been good! I started my prenatal barre workout again. Boy does it work a lot of muscles! Some people say they are so sore from pushing that they can barely walk the next day after giving birth. I'm trying to be as fit as possible for the big event! :)

What I'm looking forward to: I'm so excited to get to the half-way point in a little over a week! I can't believe how quickly this time is flying by! I'm also looking forward to thinking on names more. Nothing is jumping out to us, so I think we'll take our time. I also think it'd be neat to see her and then name her. Of course, we'll go into delivery with options, but I think it would be so special to name her right after she makes her entrance into the world.


Best moment of the week: It was most certainly when we felt our little girl move last night! I would have been awake all night just soaking it in if she didn't stop being so active after 15 minutes or so! 

Mood: Just more and more excitement! I'm feeling pretty elated these days...and very, very thankful.






No comments:

Post a Comment