Monday, February 10, 2014

15 week update

Technically, this is at 14.5 weeks, but hey I probably won't take bump photos every week. Besides, the bump is actually smaller this week it seems! 


How big is baby: Navel Orange | 15 Weeks 3 days

How I'm feeling: I'm still feeling pretty well these days. I've had a few flare up of nausea (and the other fun thing that usually accompanies it) at night, but it's nothing compared to the first trimester. My stomach feels very tight, especially after eating.

Weight gain/loss: 3-4 lbs? It really depends on how much I've been eating! ;)


Maternity clothes: Yes! I pulled out the maternity jeans I bought yesterday. I don't really need them, but they're so comfy! Everything but the tummy part fits great. (Destination Maternity at the Jacksonville Town Center is great by the way!) They kept falling down but I loved wearing them because I could eat as much as I wanted and still feel comfy! My "bump" still comes and goes quite a bit. I never know if it's going to be there when I wake up, but I'm getting more creative with how to dress. 


Stretch marksNope!


Sleep: I'm still loving sleep, but I don't seem to need as much lately.


Diet/Cravings/Aversions: I don't really have cravings but I do have definite aversions. My body doesn't seem to like much wheat, carbs or junk food. I'm kind of sad about that because I love pizza, burgers and fries. I'm guessing because it's harder to digest? Regardless, I can't get enough veggies. My favorite meals these days are southwest spinach salads with lots of avocado and barbecue veggie burgers. I'm still trying to figure out what makes me feel the best.

Movement: I thought I felt "butterflies" the other morning. I'm not sure. I can't wait to feel some real movement!

What I'm loving: Eating lots of yummy food and meal planning. I've never put this much effort into being healthy and eating clean, but I love it. It feels good to know I'm giving my body and my baby good nutrients. 

Symptoms: A little bloating and a lot of tightness in my tummy area. I assume it's because my insides are making more room for the little one. I feel like there is no room for my food when I eat! 

What I'm looking forward to: Finding out if baby is a boy or girl in just ONE WEEK! Ah! We will be celebrating our Valentine's Day then and I cannot imagine anything more perfect.

Best moment of the week: When Jonathan kisses my tummy and says, "You know what? We're having a baby!" It's the best.

Mood: Honestly, it's been a hard week personally. It's had nothing to do with the baby, but a few things we've been going through have been a little tough to deal with. Other than that, good!

I've loved thinking about this verse all week:

"You know me inside and out, you know every bone in my body; You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, how I was sculpted from nothing into something. Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth; all the stages of my life were spread out before you, The days of my life all prepared before I’d even lived one day." (Ps. 139:15-16)



1 comment:

  1. I bet you can't wait to find out what you're having. I hope your week turns around for you. And that you can feel baby fluttering around soon! What a feeling that must be. :)

    ReplyDelete