Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Baby Girl


Monday, February 17th

We found out yesterday that we are having a little miss, not a little mister. All along I thought we were having a boy. There were actually very few people who guessed that it would be a girl. All I could think about was being a boy mom, boy names and boy nursery ideas. I'm sure it's partially due to the fact that I'm drawn to all things blue. I'd even think of baby as a boy. Thus, to our great surprise the technician told us that our baby is a girl! I was honestly so nervous during the moments leading up to finding out. I had fleeting fears that maybe the baby wasn't ok or that something was wrong. I can't imagine what it would have been like without Jonathan right next to me. The words "everything looks great" were like music to my ears. Then we saw her sweet little face and I couldn't image anything more perfect. She was so beautiful. It sunk in so much more that a baby is going to be here soon. I get to hold her! That seems crazy. We are so thankful that she is healthy and active. She was a little still at first but then put on a show for us, sucking her thumb and dancing around. It felt so strange, especially since I can't feel those movements yet. 

After we left Jonathan asked if I was ready to start calling people. I said "not yet" just because I needed a moment to soak it in. A little girl! Our little girl! I had hardly thought about having a baby girl, but now it was real. We went home and pulled together pink-ish outfits for our announcement photo. It still didn't sink in fully. I kept saying, "we're having a baby girl!" Later on that night we went out to celebrate Valentine's Day and talked about what an amazing little person she will be. I started dreaming about teaching her piano, art and other fun things. We know she'll be so special, no matter what.

Now we start the fun process of thinking up names and planning a girl nursery. I can't stop thinking about what she'll look like either. I framed the image of her profile and set it on my desk to look at while I work. I'm so in love with that sweet face. If she has her daddy's curls I will be done in forever! We're just so thankful that she gets to be our gift.

I love you little girl,

Mama




1 comment: